Birchbox October 2015 Sample Choice Review of Regular Subscription & Beta Upgrade of Full Sized Products (Beta ended this month)
Cost: $10 per month and earn points for reviews to use in the Birchbox Shop or Upgrade to the 2 Full Size Product’s Upgrade Option +$20 (this was the last Beta Box offered since subscribers were notified this was the last month).
What is Birchbox?
Distinguished for being one of the first beauty subscription sampling services offered, Birchbox has made a long and hard stride towards success. For just $10 per month subscribers can sample trial sized luxury cosmetics and beauty products (sometimes even receiving a full sized product!)
What is Sample Choice?
Sample Choice has been around for a while now, which allows you to choose one of your samples or select the guest/special curated box. If you’d rather not choose a sample, then they will still curate a box for you based on your beauty profile.
Out of this month’s Sample Choice I decided to go for two different types of boxes 1) Regular $10 box I chose the Well People mascara choice 2) Beta- I chose and already curated box The Estee Lauder Game Face Breast Cancer Awareness Box! Let’s take a peek at what else I have received!
The Beta Full Size Box:
Included within each subscription box is a list of the full sized product costs (card above), the theme, partner, and uses of each product included in your box!
Here is what was included:
- jane iredale HandDrink Hand Cream
- CLEAN White Woods
- Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask
- Number 4™ Texture Styling Crème
- Lord & Berry Twistick
- Smith & Cult The Shining Lip Lacquer
- W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara
- Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask (Travel Size)
- jane iredale HandDrink Hand Cream (Sample)
- Number 4™ Texture Styling Crème (Sample)
- W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara (Deluxe Sample)
The mascara has some of the best reviews! So I picked this sample and left the rest to chance. Well, the other samples are ok, but the other sample that was pretty high in reviews was the Number 4 Styling Creme, which after I used it made my hair super silky!
Included Full Size Products & Sample:
- CLEAN White Woods (sample)
- Lord & Berry Twistick (Full Size)
- Smith & Cult The Shining Lip Lacquer (Full Size)
The Full Size items were not my favorite this month, but since this is the last Full Sized Beta box I suppose that is the reason why.
- ORIGINS Checks And Balances™ Frothy Face Wash
- Prescriptives False Eyelashes Plush Mascara
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+™
- Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Creme
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+™ (sample)
- ORIGINS Checks And Balances™ Frothy Face Wash (Travel Size)
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer (sample)
- Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Creme (deluxe sample)
- Prescriptives False Eyelashes Plush Mascara (deluxe sample)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon
First of all the prescriptives mascara is phenomenal, I was able to try this formula in my previous box and loved it so much I bought the full size! Estee Lauder products have always been a staple in my beauty arsenal. This product is super rich and I found it lasted for quite sometime. The downside of any serum or anti-age sample is that it usually takes a while for the effects to show (around a month or more), so I really won’t know if this is something that works or not.
The brands included in these boxes were spectacular! They both contained great products that I will use and wanted to try! The variety of exclusive products in my Birchbox is always fun, but the one thing I loved most was being able to select my sample choice full of box items already revealed! I switched from month to month; paying $10 a month to yearly $110 which makes my boxes around $9.16 a box (or you can also say I get one month free)! The first box shown was the Beta Full Size plan, which unfortunately will discontinue after this month.
What do you think about this months Birchbox?